Artec Space Spider
Artec Space Spider, a metrological 3D scanner with automatic temperature stabilization for the most accurate results
Artec Space Spider is a new and enhanced version of Artec Spider, designed spesifically for CAD users and engineers who require absolute precision, and is ideal for reverse engineering, additive manufacturing, quality control and mass production. Together with Artec Studio software, it is a powerful tool for engineers, and industrial designers of every kinds.
Objects to 3D scan
Artec Space Spider is perfect for capturing small objects with complex geometry, sharp edges and thin ribs. Scan objects such as molding parts, PCBs, keys or coins, or even a human ear, use a wide range of measurement and editing tools to work with your data and export it to CAD software.
Designed for space, great for Earth
Artec Space Spider was developed to spec for use on the International Space Station. Artec was asked to create a new version of Artec Spider which could be relied on to provide the most accurate and stable scanning results in the space station’s tough environment for months and months on end – and at speed. The result is the fastest, most reliable precision 3D scanner yet.
Featuring new, higher grade electronics and a dramatically faster warming period, with temperature stabilization at 36.6 °C, Space Spider is a robust 3D scanner which provides long term repeatability and accuracy in its measured data in a broad spectrum of environmental conditions.
Saves you time
To achieve the very best results, every measurement tool is usually tuned to the conditions of a particular use case. Space Spider, however, keeps its precision in a wide range of temperatures and adjusts to the conditions in only 3 minutes, saving you precious time.
Speed and precision
Processes up to one million points per second, far quicker than a laser scanner, AND produces extremely high resolution (up to 0.1mm) and superior accuracy (up to 0.05mm).
Artec Space Spider is here and ready for the long haul. In fact, it’s so stable and reliable, that we are doubling the warranty period.
Extremely light, weighing in at 850 grams (1.9bs) and battery compatible. This means you can really take Artec Space Spider anywhere, even to space!
No need to stick targets all over your object, just point and shoot. High resolution and detailed texture Scan in brilliant color and high resolution (up to 0.1mm).
Scan at 7.5 frames per second. Frames are automatically aligned in real-time.
Safe to use
Artec Space Spider uses LED lights and is totally safe to use for scanning both children and adults.
Integrate any Artec 3D scanner into your own customized scanning system using Artec Scanning SDK.
Artec SpaceSpider is the perfect solution for rapid prototyping and manufacturing, as well as healthcare, the automotive industry, aerospace, quality control, heritage preservation and graphic design
Artech Space Spider specifications
- Ability to capture texture : Yes
- 3D resolution, up to : 0.1 mm
- 3D point accuracy, up to : 0.05 mm
- 3D accuracy over distance, up to : 0.03% over 100 cm
- Warm up period for achieving maximum accuracy: 3 minutes
- Texture resolution : 1. 3 mp
- Colors : 24 bpp
- Light source : blue LED
- Working distance : 0.17 – 0.35 m
- Linear field of view, HxW @ closest range : 90 mm x 70 mm
- Linear field of view, HxW @ furthest range : 180 mm x 140 mm
- Angular field of view, H?W : 30 x 21°
- Video frame rate, up to : 7. 5 fps
- Exposure time : 0.0005 s
- Data acquisition speed, up to : 1 000 000 points/s
- Multi core processing : Yes
- Dimensions, HxDxW : 190 x 140 x 130 mm
- Weight : 0.85 kg / 1.9 lb
- Power consumption : 12V, 24W
- Interface : 1 x USB 2.0, USB 3.0 compatible
- Output formats : OBJ, PLY, WRL, STL, AOP, ASCII,
- Output format for measurements : CSV, DXF, XML
- Processing capacity : 40 000 000 triangles / 1GB RAM
- Supported OS : Windows 7, 8 or 10 – x64
- Minimum computer requirements : NVIDIA GeForce 400 series
- Warranty : 2 year